World Space WEEK
CELEBRATING WOMEN IN SPACE
JOIN US ON 4TH – 8TH OCTOBER
5 days of FREE KS1/KS2 cross-curricular space-themed fun, including 4 downloadable lesson plans & a hands-on LIVE science lesson with our super scientists!
5 DAYS OF EASY-TO-FOLLOW CROSS-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Day 1 – Monday 4th October
Introduction to women in space (Science, History & PSHE)
Day 2 – Tuesday 5th October
A day on Mars (Science & English)
Day 3 – Wednesday 6th October
Mission clean-up space junk (Science & Art)
Day 4 – Thursday 7th October
Create edible constellation’s (Science)
Day 5 – Friday 8th October @ 1 PM
Join our super scientist for 30-minutes of hands-on LIVE Science
Cross-curricular worksheets & supporting resources
Adaptable hands-on activities / experiments
Follow along video lessons – access anywhere
Everything is linked to the curriculum
Together let’s inspire the future generation of astronauts, engineers, scientists & innovators!
LIVE SCIENCE LESSON – WHAT WE’LL BE DOING:
Get your space suits on and tune in to join our super scientists on Friday @ 1 PM for an interactive live science experience as we blast off to Mars to collect space rocks and bring them back to Earth.
- Interview with a real life female astronaut
- Prepare for for take off as pupils put themselves in an astronaut’s boots to take part in some problem solving activities from avoiding space junk, how satellites have been used to help, exploration time limitations (oxygen depletion), dangers of radiation, gravity effects and more!
- Geiger counter & radioactive rock sample demonstration
- Interactive green screen rocket launch activity
- And a hands-on moon rock sampling experiment
- Easy-to-follow science lessons and hands-on experiments (no preparation required)
- Colourful resources and worksheets for all 5 days (printable or fill out on the computer)
- No specialist equipment needed (everything needed can be found around the house or school)
- Follow along live lesson (on Zoom)
- Playback later at any time (all recordings are sent to your mailbox)
FOR SCHOOLS, PARENTS & HOME EDUCATORS
World Space Week is a celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that takes place between 4th – 10th October.
Whether you’re a teacher, parent or home educator, celebrate with us by joining our super scientists Chris and Sarah for 5 days of practical cross-curricular space-themed fun as we combine the power of online learning with hands-on experiments.
Simply sign-up, put on your space suit and let’s blast off into the galaxy with us as we create some memorable, WOW moments together.