Effective Date: 04.09.2022
Findel Education Limited (trading as Empiribox) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. Our website (the “Site”) is operated by Findel Education Limited, contact details can be found below.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (meaning, prior to 25 May 2018 the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation and any legislation which implements it) the data controller is Findel Education Limited (trading as Empiribox).
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Contact Information (name, alias, address, phone number, email address, and similar contact data) that you provide to through our Site. This includes information provided to us via any contact or enquiry form on the Site or if you contact us in connection with any of our services, including the “Empiribox Science Service for Schools”.
- User Content if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, suggestions, questions, feedback and other information you send to us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- Usage Information and Browsing History such as details of your visits to the Site, the resources that you access, and how you access them. This may include information about the device you are using, how your device interacts with the Site (for example crashes, downloads, click rate and system activity), your search queries and information about your actual location at the time of using the Site.
- Device and Browser Information including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
If you use any third party services that are interoperable with the Site, or where you follow a link from the Site to such third party service providers, we may receive information from the third parties about your use of those services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you do not provide your personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Using our Online Portal
How we collect your personal data
You may give us your Contact Information or Image data by filling in forms, or in correspondence with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data that you provide when you:
- create an account;
- apply for products or services:
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- provide us with any feedback, or contact us; or
- request for any marketing to be sent to you.
We may also receive personal data about you from third parties such as technical data from analytics providers (Google based outside of the UK), advertising networks, contact and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside the UK.
Purposes and legal basis for using your personal data
We will only process your personal data when the law allows us to and in order to provide the Site to you and where you have chosen to access our Online Portal we will process your personal data in order to allow you to access that and make use of the content available through that Online Portal in connection with the “Empiribox Science Service for Schools”.
We also use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in providing and marketing our services to you, improving the Site, services and interactions with you and other users by:
- Ensuring that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- Improving the services we provide in the short-term, for example by providing you with more relevant search results;
- Improving the services we provide over the longer-term by understanding how you and other user’s interact with the Site.
- Serving recommendations to you through the Site and through other channels (such as email) about other information or services which we think may be of interest to you based on your preferences and usage patterns both on the Site and in relation to our communications with you on other channels (such as email).
- Notifying you about changes to our services
In some cases, we may also use your information to comply with our legal obligations or to enter into or perform a contract with you or in connection with our performance of a contract with a school at which you are employed or engaged.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the email address under the Contact section below.
We may also collect, use and share aggregated and anonymised data (such as statistical or demographic data) for any purpose. For example, we may share information with our partners to help them understand how our service is used, or publicly to show trends about the general use of our service. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We use a range of analytics tools (for example, Google Analytics) to understand user behaviour on the Site and other channels (such as email). This allows us to see how a particular user (identified by their IP address or to a specific user registration) accesses and interacts with the Site and any content we may send to you (e.g. email).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Suppliers that provide services to us which require the processing of your personal data (e.g. IT storage providers).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store and transfer your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Countries outside the EEA may not have laws which provide the same level of protection to your personal data as laws within the EEA. Where this is the case we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under applicable data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you. These include:
- right to request access to the personal data that we hold;
- right to request that we correct personal data if it is inaccurate;
- right to erasure of your personal data;
- right to object to processing of your personal data;
- right to withdraw consent;
- right to request restriction of processing of your personal data.
These rights are limited in some situations, for example, if we have a legal requirement or a compelling legitimate ground we may continue to process your data even where you request its deletion.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the Contact section below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You also have the right to make a complaint if you feel your personal data has been mishandled. We encourage you to come to us in the first instance but you are also entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (if you are in the UK), or to your local data protection authority (if you are outside the UK).
How long we keep your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary in order for us to fulfil the purpose(s) which we collected it for and for a reasonable time thereafter.
If you would like us to delete the personal data held, as per your right above, please contact us using the details in the Contact section below and we will respond in a reasonable time and manner.
Please note that we may also be required to retain certain information by law.
We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Third Party Services
The Site may contain links to other websites, apps and resources provided by third parties (e.g. Hope Education’s website). In addition, we make our service available for third parties to create products and services that are interoperable with our services. If you use any third party service which is interoperable with the Site or follow a link from the Site to any third party service, please note that we do not control these third-party websites, they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these services provided by third parties.
We keep this policy under regular review.
This version was last updated on 04.09.2022 and any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy please contact us at the following address:
By email: [email protected]
By phone: 0345 120 2055
By post: Findel House, Gregory Street, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 4HR